( the 1st swatch is more acurate, taken from mua! sorry for the crappy pics as i have a crap camera!)
Friday, 29 February 2008
Thursday, 28 February 2008
Wednesday, 27 February 2008
Every wednesday, i will be posting a chocolate recipe with pics and yummy stuff!
Here is the first ever C.W recipe
Here is my recipe for Marshmallow chocolate cupcakes! Makes 24
( mine are not in cases as i had run out so i cut them out !)
- 3oz of butter or margarine
- 7oz caster sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence
- 4oz plain flour
- 2oz cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2fl oz of milk
- bar of dark chocolate
- bag of marshmallows
- arrange cupcakes in tin
- cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Then beat in the eggs and vanilla essence
- sift together the dry ingredients and beat into the creamed mixture and then add the milk
- then place a teaspoon of mix into the cases, place a marshmallow and a small chunk of chocolate into the cupcake and then place more mix on top of the marshmallow until it is completely covered.
- Bake at 190C ( 375F) or gas mark 5 for 30 minutes until the cupcakes are well risen and firm to touch ( you can also stick a knife into a cupcake and if it comes out clean, its done!)
- let them cool for a few minutes before place them onto the wire racks or plate.
- You can now either ice them with cream cheese or butter icing or leave them as it is.
I left mine as is, if you don't ice, either serve them normal with ice cream or cream. Or to make them even yummier, put them in the microwave for 30 secs which gives them a brownie ish texture!
Monday, 25 February 2008
Jessica alba's make up was easily my favourite, creating a smokey eye with bronzes. It was neutral with a glow and simply fab.
I also love Jennifer hudson's smokey silver eyeshadow with a warm natural coloured lipstick. It makes her eyes pop and her skin glow!
Yawn, I feel like i've seen this before! The sheer red berry lip and minimal eyes was nothing special
Loved this look on Katherine, the bronzed skin with an orangey red lip with simple eyes was very old hollywood and glam.!
I really hated this look, it was all too much! The blusher made her look like she was embarrassed and it was too much with the smokey eye and lipstick
And that ends the Oscar's with a bang! Can't wait till next year!
Noir, Noir! Love the lace embellishment on Hillary's dress, not so keen on penelope cruz's dress it may be the detail around the middle that puts me off. Nicole's dress was rather blah, but blinged up with some fab jewellery!
Coming up soon, Make up at the Oscar's
Couture gal xxx
Performance by an actor in a supporting role Javier Bardem in "No Country for Old Men" (Miramax and Paramount Vantage)
Performance by an actress in a leading role
Marion Cotillard in "La Vie en Rose" (Picturehouse)
Performance by an actress in a supporting role
Tilda Swinton in "Michael Clayton" (Warner Bros.)
Best animated feature film of the year"
Ratatouille" (Walt Disney): Brad Bird
Achievement in art direction
Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street" (DreamWorks and Warner Bros., Distributed by DreamWorks/Paramount): Art Direction: Dante Ferretti; Set Decoration: Francesca Lo Schiavo
Achievement in cinematography
"There Will Be Blood" (Paramount Vantage and Miramax): Robert Elswit
Achievement in costume design
"Elizabeth: The Golden Age" (Universal) Alexandra Byrne
Achievement in directing
"No Country for Old Men" (Miramax and Paramount Vantage), Joel Coen and Ethan Coen
Best documentary feature
"Taxi to the Dark Side" (THINKFilm) An X-Ray Production: Alex Gibney and Eva Orner
Best documentary short subject
"Freeheld" A Lieutenant Films Production: Cynthia Wade and Vanessa Roth
Achievement in film editing
"The Bourne Ultimatum" (Universal): Christopher Rouse
Best foreign language film of the year
"The Counterfeiters" Austria
Achievement in makeup
"La Vie en Rose" (Picturehouse) Didier Lavergne and Jan Archibald
Achievement in music written for motion pictures (Original score)
"Atonement" (Focus Features) Dario Marianelli
Achievement in music written for motion pictures (Original song)"
Falling Slowly" from "Once" (Fox Searchlight) Music and Lyric by Glen Hansard and: Marketa Irglova
Best motion picture of the year
"No Country for Old Men" (Miramax and Paramount Vantage) A Scott Rudin/Mike Zoss Production: Scott Rudin, Ethan Coen and Joel Coen, Producers
Best animated short film
"Peter & the Wolf" (BreakThru Films) A BreakThru Films/Se-ma-for Studios Production Suzie Templeton and Hugh Welchman
Best live action short film
"Le Mozart des Pickpockets (The Mozart of Pickpockets)" (Premium Films) A Karé Production: Philippe Pollet-Villard
Achievement in sound editing
"The Bourne Ultimatum" (Universal): Karen Baker Landers and Per Hallberg
Achievement in sound mixing
"The Bourne Ultimatum" (Universal) Scott Millan, David Parker and Kirk Francis
Achievement in visual effects
"The Golden Compass" (New Line in association with Ingenious Film Partners): Michael Fink, Bill Westenhofer, Ben Morris and Trevor Wood
"No Country for Old Men" (Miramax and Paramount Vantage), Written for the screen by Joel Coen & Ethan Coen
"Juno" (A Mandate Pictures/Mr. Mudd Production), Written by Diablo Cody
Sunday, 24 February 2008
Also its only 10minutes until the next episode of LOST yay!! i'm a total addict.
Saturday, 23 February 2008
After watching Jonathan Ross last night, featuring a interview with the up and coming Agyness Deyn. She seemed nervous and gabbled and still managed to look great. She supports the grunge/punk but girlyish. Agyness grew up with Henry Holland, who is famous for his crazy message tees!
Her on Jonathan Ross last night ( UK bbc1 on most fridays!)
Here is Agyness at her probaly more natural weight, with her mom!
Here are my fave pics of her, in either ad's or covers!
Modelling for Henry Holland's A/W 2008 show this year!
Couture gal xxx
$40 and comes in pink,yellow, blue and white
$35, comes in Pink stripes, Navy and White.
I also have to reccomend "askmemakeup" video's on youtube! Simply fabulous, this australian make up artist loves retro looks and pin up's inspired make up. During her tut's she plays old unusual music thats just fab! Here she creates a mermaid look which is perfect for Halloween or fancy dress make up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlMY6DKP_Z8 .
Couture gal xxx
Thursday, 21 February 2008
In this scene in mean girls, at the mall, Regina is holding a fake Louis vuitton Cherry Blossom Pochette!
Also Cady is seen holding a Louis Vuitton multicolour pochette later on in the film FAKE! infact all the bags are fake. I have also seen a fake LV in the OC, carried by summer. But strangely enough marissa's chanel bags are real, as chanel gave them to her! I think the only TV programme known for not using fakes is SATC. Yay them!
I'm a huge hater on fakes, i think it disgustingly wrong. I don't get why people support this huge industry, it has been proven to support terrorism. I get that most people can't afford designer purses, neither can i! On my allowance it doesnt exactly cover a LV budget, but i either save and use christmas or birthday money to buy a designer item. But the fact is that i have plenty of cute purses which aren't designer and i love just as much my LV alma.
People who buy fakes, karma is going to come along and bite you on the ass!
couture gal xxx
Monday, 18 February 2008
2 carrots ( peeled)
1 and ¼ pints of boiling water
Half of a butternut squash ( peeled and remove seed’s if using the bottom part!)
1/8 or ¼ tsp of chilli powder ( depending on the hotness of your powder!)
1 Chicken stock cube ( I use oxo)
Pinch of salt
1. Chop and fry onions until they are semi clear
2. Add roughly chopped carrots and butternut squash
3. Add a stock cube and water, pinch of salt and the chilli
4. Stir and heat on a low medium heat for around 30mins
5. Check and see if the butternut and carrot is squishy
6. If so, Blend until there is no lumps and is a medium thickness 7. eat!
It's super good, it reminds me of spending time with my grandma at the weekends while we cooked soup and some kind of cake/cookie! We then proceeded to eat our makings while watching old films! It doesn't look too appealing in that pic!
You may have noticed that i didnt do my secondpost on LFW, well to be honest. It was so uninspiring and just plain yuck, that i couldnt be bothered to pick out some decent looks. My favourite as always is Paris Fashion week, i love watching Chanel, Valentino, Balenciaga, Christian dior, Versace, Gucci ,YSL and Fendi. I also love watching the Haute Couture shows online for their sheer fabulousness! I usually watch them online at style.com or vogue.com
1. My bug bare, is when girlies wear make up that simply doesn't suit them. Make up is meant to enhance your beauty not make you look crazy or washed out! i wear colours that suit my skin such as, peach,browns,gold and some greens for eyeshadows, peach blushers or a bronzer and then some lipgloss which is pink or a natural ish colour, nothing with a blue or purple undertone as it really doesn't suit me. This is what i mean, its just plain ugly on her (fafi collection) and she seems really pretty * taken from kiss and make up website. She uses orange eyeshadow and a blusher that makes her look bruised! * not coco! this is a super cute kitty i found online, coco is a grumpy 13 year old siamese who we rescued! I still love my coco !
2. Oowwie! My cat coco bit me yesterday because for some reason the dogs starting chasing her around the dining room! ???? So i scooped her up as she is old and in shock she lashed out and bit my two fingers on my left hand! It really hurts as cats have fangs and they go quite deep when biten! So i'm typing this one handed, with christmas plasters on my other hand lol!
3. Im looking around for some new products to try, for this blog! I dont want to bother with fafi as everyone has tried that on their blogs and it gets a bit dull after a while. If you have any products you would like tested out, post it on here!
4. I'm sitting here waiting for maybe my dad and sister to bring me back a costa's strawberry shortcake frescato ( Their version of frappuccino's !) I hope it is as nice as the starbucks frap's as i love those, cinnamon dolce latte's/frap's, tazo tea frap's and java chip fraps are my faves! I have even got a big bottle of cinnamon dolce syrup which i add to coffee mmm! I would make fraps but my blender doesn't crush ice boo!
Couture gal xxx
Sunday, 17 February 2008
Gwen's Love angel music baby album, my fave songs are, bubble pop electric, rich girl, hollaback girl and luxurious! its a fun, upbeat album which you can listen to for ages.
U.S food, i've found a fab U.S ebay seller who does U.S food and even does special orders ! im thinking about buying some stuff. firstname.lastname@example.org email me if you want the seller!
Hollister! gasp, shock horror but they have some really cute stuff, now to persuade my parents to go halves on the shocking shipping price of £25!
A shimmery grey/silver eyeshadow that i got in a gwp at no7! totally highlights my eyes with a light wash and a peachy blusher.
Laguna Beach series 1 and John Tucker must die.
Thursday, 14 February 2008
Argh, this collection was damn right scary! With wicked witch of the east and raven like outfits and make up. It was just awful!
In the Febuary 18th of people magazine, there is a new and wierd advert, for Welch's grape juice. Its a lickable flavour stick! They work like the dissolvable mint strips, you stick the strip on your tongue and you will get a taste of welch's grape juice. You will also be able to tell if your strip has been open so there are no hygiene risks lol!
It sounds pretty yummy to me, but i can imagine it tasting of perfume as those perfume ad's often have those wet strips that you apply. I dont get why they dont do a sachet of it in the magazine instead!
Would you try it?
Monday, 11 February 2008
It doesn't clump, smudge or flake and gives lots of volume and length to your lashes and doesn't give you spidery lashes yay! 5 stars from me, a must have and i will most definitely buy again!
- 1 navy eyeliner (what!! you may think but just you wait!)
- and a lip pencil closest shade to your lips
4.In the corners of your mouth draw close to the lip a navy line( eww mouth!)
6. Line your mouth normally7. apply lipgloss8. Ta da your lips are fuller, glossy and are guarunteed to make the girls jealous!
Oooh La La!
Sperry $70 ( comes in black also!)
Or these girly rain boots if you want to embrace your girly fun side! Chooka $60
or these so pucci-esque boots which are so chic and fab !