These cupcakes are super good and get eaten really quickly. I think they are even better than normal chocolate cupcakes! my icing was a bit too runny so add a bit more icing. I adapted the martha stewart cupcake recipe that i used in the other cupcake C.W and added cherries and made up a cherry icing! not bad huh!
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup of frozen cherries defrosted ( you can use normal cherries) chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper liners.
- Into a medium bowl, sift together cocoa, flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each, then beat in vanilla.
- With mixer on low speed, add flour mixture in two batches, alternating with sour cream and beginning and ending with flour.
- Stir in a cup of chopped cherries
- Pour batter into cups, filling each 3/4 full.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
Makes 3 1/2 cups, enough for 18 standard cupcakes
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 pound (3 2/3 cups) confectioners' sugar
1 to 2 tablespoons milk
1 cup of frozen cherries defrosted and chopped
1. in the food processor blend the cherries until smooth.
2.In a mixing bowl, cream butter until smooth.Gradually add confectioners’ sugar; beat until smooth, then add the milk and cherries and mix again. add more icing sugar if it is too runny as it doesn't really set if too runny.