Welcome to another Chocolate Wednesday!
Finally I've found a Brownie recipe that works! Lets just say i usually stink at brownies! I cant even get the mixes to work, which is very embarrassing. But i stumbled across this brownie recipe and it works!
They taste great!
Makes 12 Brownies
4oz of chocolate chips or ( 2oz of milk chocolate and 2 oz of plain chocolate)
10oz Caster Sugar
1/2 tsp of vanilla essence
2oz self raising flour
1oz Plain flour
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
2oz of pecans
a deep square cake tin ( approx 8inches wide and at least 3 inches deep)
1. Heat the Oven to 180c/ 350F. Grease the tin, Line the bottom of the tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Melt chocolate over the stove in a glass bowl over boiling water or melt in microwave
3. Put Butter, Sugar and Vanilla essence in to a large mixing bowl. Beat until fluffy and light. Add eggs, slowly.
4. Sift both types of flour and cocoa powder into the bowl.
5. Add the Melted chocolate into the mix and mix well.
6. Chop the pecans finely and mix in.
7. Spoon mixture into the tin and smooth with the back of a spoon.
8. Bake the Brownies for 35 minutes until they have risen and have crust on the top and it comes out clean with a knife.
9. Leave the Brownies to cool in tin for 20minutes. Then cut them into squares.
Ta da Brownies!
Couture gal xxx