I know its a bit late, but Pumpkin pie is fab all year round and i think should feature more in resturants.
Here's the recipe i used to make my pie. ( taken of the can of libbys pumpkin pie)
9oz Shortcrust pastry
1 x 425g can of Libby's Solid Pack Pumpkin
6oz Granulated Sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp cloves
1/2 pint Carnation evaporated milk
- Preheat the oven to 220c or 425F, Gas mark 7.
- Roll out pastry to line a 9 inch deep flap tin.
- Bake blind for 10-15mins.
- Reduce oven to 180c, 350F, Gas mark 4
- Combine all ingredients together ( not pastry duh!) and mix
- Pour into the pastry lined tin
- Bake for 40-50mins or until a knife inserted near the centre comes out clean
- let it cool
And then dig in mmm....
It is also good with ice cream.
* disclaimer, if it goes wrong, dont blame me LOL